Monday, July 30, 2012

Time for the Olympics (and some tasty and easy appetizers)!

Yes, it's that time again for the Olympics.  I've watched more tv in the last few days than I have in years between the opening ceremonies (which I consider a learning opportunity, since I discovered there are many more countries than I realized!), gymnastics, swimming, etc.  On Friday night, one of my friends had an Opening Ceremonies party.  It was so cute-- she had Olympic themed decorations, and everyone needed to come as a country, with food that matched their country.  Since I realized I needed to come as a country just a few short hours before the party, I had to whip something together real fast!  Considering my background, I decided to go as Italy.  I found some red, green, and white to wear to represent the flag colors, and then was able to find a few things in my fridge to make easy and delicious pizza bites!  Not only did they go with my theme, but they're quick, easy, cheap, delicious, and great to bring as an appetizer for any party!  

Here's what you need:
-Mini-muffin tin pan
-Cooking spray
-Pizza crust dough (I used the Pillsbury classic crust)
-Pizza sauce
-Mozzarella & Cheddar cheese 
-Any toppings you want to add (I just made cheese pizza bites, both because I didn't have any great toppings around my apartment, and because I knew I was going to a place with a few vegetarians!)


1) First, spray the pan with cooking spray.  Then, take out the dough, and fill each muffin cup about half way with pizza dough.  Press your thumb into the center of each cup so that it creates a little space for you to put sauce/cheese into:

2) Then, add your sauce!  I took about a spoonful of the sauce and added it to the center of each mini-pizza:


3) Now, add your cheese!  I put a heaping teaspoon of mozzarella and cheddar cheese onto each mini-pizza.  (Also add any other toppings you want at this time.  You could put a pepperoni onto the top of each one of them, throw on some finely chopped veggies, etc!)



4) That's it!  Now all you need to do is stick them in the oven, and bake them for the amount of time that you see on the packaged directions for the pizza dough.  Once you see it's brown around the edges and starting to bubble, you should be good to go!




Now you have some easy tasty appetizers to bring to a party!  Here's a picture of me and two of my best girlfriends at our Opening Ceremonies Party!  I added a little extra pizazz by throwing some construction paper on top of my red pan to make my Italian flag to go with the pizza bites!  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment